Wednesday, September 10, 2008

sundloff family motto


for years my parents have been searching for something to call our "family motto", a few months ago they were at a special meeting honoring Elder Ballard (for you out there that know the whole story he is the one who gave my mom a blessing when she was in the hospital) during the meeting someone was talking about Elder Ballard and said he was a man "who was righteous even in the dark times of life", right as they heard that my parents turned to eachother and knew that that would become the Sundloff family motto so my mom "martha stewart" made it into a plaque for all the family members to remind all of us to be righteous even in the dark times of our lives....im so glad to have such wonderful parents, for those of you who are lucky to know them you will agree they are perfect examples in life especially perfect examples of what it means to be IN LOVE im so glad to have our new family motto and im glad i could share it with my blogging friends!

3 comments:

Brett & Brittany said...

I absolutely LOVE your parents, esp Joy! They have always been such good examples to me. I wrote down your new motto in my day book calendar so I can see it, for some reason it really hit home with me. I guess it just says in that little sentence that you don't have any excuses for being disobedient just cuz things might be bad...
Thanks for sharing!

Jessica said...

I do love that too, and when I first saw it I thought it was funny like...be good even in the dark...like when your dating and you are in the dark with a boy, which is funny but I love the real meaning even better, that's a good one to remember! And you're right you're parents are amazing and we love them so much!

Lindsay said...

I love that!